This interactive, application-based full-day course is different from other courses that cover meetings. This course is tailor made for people who lead meetings. The class size is kept small so participants can practice their facilitation skills throughout the program. The class is taught in group format to encourage interaction and a typical meeting setting. Participants are lead through the material and activities by one of the top meeting experts in the country, Ken Zeigler, who is the author of Organizing for Success.
The Workshop is Broken into Three Parts
- How to correctly plan a meeting and organize an effective agenda.
- How to lead a meeting so it generates ideas and builds consensus as well as how to stay into control of a meeting so they are able to stick to their agenda.
- How close the meeting so it achieves their desired outcome and sets up agreement as well as action going forward.
During each chapter participants work with or take turns leading their group through a series of activities that build skills they can use at their next meeting. At the end of the class each participant shares what they’re going to apply when they go back to work.
- Define your desired outcome or objective before scheduling your meeting
- Learn effective ways to plan your meeting so you accomplish more in less time
- Develop a well planned agenda that maximizes each participant’s time
- Set-up ground rules that everyone agrees to
- Engage participants from the beginning and keep them engaged throughout
- Ways to generate the maximum amount of ideas in the shortest amount of time
- How to stay in control of the meeting and deal with difficult participants and/or issues (conflict)
- Effective ways to build consensus so the meeting achieves your objective
- Ways to turn your meeting into action when it ends