Would You Like to Become a More Effective Leader and Achieve Your Goals?
Today, Leaders are drowning in a sea of meetings, emails, interruptions, reports, and short-term immediate demands. Sound familiar? Do you find yourself working late or taking your work home daily? Is your list longer at the end of the day than it was when you started? How would you like to take control of your day, have fewer meetings, finish more of what matters most, and enjoy your personal life more?
This application-based course, The Path to Becoming a Highly Effective Leader will show you that there is a strategic time and a place for each activity or action that will improve what you’re accomplishing daily/weekly. By learning how to allocate your time and energy you can think ahead, add value, improve your daily and weekly results, and come up with new innovative ideas for the future, (both individually and as a team.) In addition, by learning how to manage, leverage, and utilize technology (Outlook, iPad, and/or smart phone) you will produce better daily/weekly results.
To save time and become more strategic it is important to question and validate everything you are doing, daily and weekly, plus look for new ways to proactively handle a typical overwhelming day. Improving the quality of your communication is actually the fastest way to improve productivity.
You will learn how to ask better questions, give more specific directions, be more specific when making requests, and communicate clear expectations. You will learn how to plan, facilitate, and execute meetings more effectively so you will reduce meetings by 50%.
You will then have the time to engage and train your direct reports, delegate to and develop your direct reports, and plan ahead instead of getting bogged down everyday.
Becoming more effective starts with creating a single, customized “Master List” (paper or electronic) to get everything out of your head in one place so you can develop a more strategic plan to manage and accomplish your tasks, projects, follow-up, delegated tasks, and meetings. You will learn how to become a “Master Blender”, by combining what you need to get done, helping others, and having a personal life.
Wouldn’t you like to learn how to develop mental separation between work and home to increase the quality of your personal life and recharge for the next day? There is no correlation between how long you work daily and productivity. It’s not about how many tasks you start a day, it’s about how many you finish. At the end of the day, do you have a good reason for everything you’ve checked off and everything you haven’t.
- How to Develop a Single Customized List (paper or electronic)
- How to Organize a More Effective Day and Week
- How to Take Control of Your Day
- How to Prioritize Correctly and Give Others Your Priorities
- How to Use Outlook more Effectively to Control/Manage Email
- How to Organize Your Writing (to get faster responses)
- How to Plan, Facilitate, and Achieve Results With Your Meetings (less meetings)
- How to Delegate to Empower and Develop Your Staff
In addition, Leaders Learn How to:
- Create time to engage, train, coach, and develop staff
- Slow down to improve execution and strategic and critical thought
- Blend Everything You Need to Get Done so It Fits in Your Day
- Leave work at work mentally (so you don’t think about it all night)
- Accomplish more than just putting out fires all day long
- Assess and manage interruptions quickly so they don’t derail your day
The results of this course are immediate and lasting. This customized course is available in half or full-day as well as Virtual Learning. All the activities are done in teams and this course is very interactive.