Today sales professionals are drowning in a sea of meetings, emails, interruptions, reports, and urgent requests. Sound familiar? Are you jumping from task to task and often fail to meet your goals for that day. Is your list longer at the end of the day than it was when you started? How would you like to take control of your day, make more effective calls, manage email more effectively, manage interruptions, prioritize more quickly and accurately, finish more of what matters most, achieve your goals, and enjoy your personal life more?
This application-based course, The Path to Becoming a More Effective Sales Professional starts with laying out your goals for the year/month/week, then day. Participants spend the rest of the class developing a realistic and achievable “Path” for meeting those goals. Participants will learn how to strategically plan taking into account typical chaotic, ever-changing day, full of immediate requests, so they achieve those goals.
That path will show participants how to correctly determine the optimal time and a place for each activity or action that will improve what you’re accomplishing daily/weekly. By learning how to allocate your time and energy you can think ahead, ask better questions, clarify expectations, re-prioritize on the fly as your day is changing, and improve your daily and weekly results. In addition, you’ll learn how to manage, leverage, and utilize technology (Outlook, iPad, and/or smart phone) to enhance your daily/weekly results.
To save time and become more strategic it is important to question and validate everything you are doing, daily and weekly, plus look for new ways to proactively handle a typical overwhelming day. As an example there is an optimal time to sell, provide customer service, and organize for the following day according to our research.
Improving the quality of your communication is actually the fastest way to become more effective. These days most people have too many lists or none at all. You will learn how to develop your own, customized list (only one) to track what you need to accomplish, details, requests, projects, thoughts, and ideas. It can be paper or electronic (based on your preference.) You will improve your follow-up skills and attend to details.
What You Will Learn
At the close of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Take control of his/her day
- Use the end of each day to set up your calls for the next day (better planning)
- Put those daily goals into action, “blended” with urgent requests, emails, and unforeseen problems
- Get off to a faster start each day (because you already have a plan.)
- Leave work at work mentally (so you don’t think about it all night)
- Accomplish more than just putting out fires all day long
- Become thorough at follow-up and details
- How to take less time to update, maintain, and capitalize on the CRM you’re using
- Quickly and accurately prioritize and negotiate new requests
- More effectively control interruptions so they take less time
- Have better discipline so you don’t jump from task to task all day long
- Control, organize, and write better e-mail that gets answered faster
- Organize your day and week so you get more done in less time
- Plan shorter, more effective meetings with your clients and prospects
- Increase your focus and concentration so you make better presentations
- Create balance between work and home
- See immediate results (that last)
The results of this course are immediate and lasting. This customized course is available in half or full-day as well as Virtual Learning. All the activities are done in teams and this course is very interactive.
What’s the easiest way to get 10 minutes on your calendar to discuss how this course would benefit your company?