The number of interruptions has skyrocketed in recent years. We work in cubicles or in close proximity to each other yet there aren’t any rules for how to more effectively interrupt each other.
This module shows participants how to diplomatically handle face-to-face interruptions with good tone. In addition, participants learn how to save time on every call they make and every call they take. Participants learn how to make an effective voice mail greeting so they get better information in every voice mail they receive and how to leave shorter, more effective voice mail messages for others.
- Strategies for preventing and limiting face to face interruptions
- How to develop team rules for handling interruptions
- Batch and prioritize your calls
- Plan your call before you pick-up the phone
- Keep the call focused
- How and when to screen your calls
- Assess the nature of the call quickly
Activity – How could you more effectively handle fact-to-face interruptions and save time using the phone?