This module has become very popular because people don’t know how to set-up a simple, effective file system so they can find information quickly. This module shows participants how to take everything off the top of their desk, put it away in the correct file, and find it quickly with little effort. Participants will learn how to only have one file on their desk at a time which will increase their focus and concentration, reduce errors, and reduce that overwhelmed feeling. This module will also show participants how to coordinate the file system in their desk with the file system they will have in email.
- Start over and pretend you just moved into your desk
- Organizing your tools
- What goes in the file drawer in your desk
- Developing an easy filing system that works
- How to tackle those piles on your desk
- How to maintain your system
Activity – What are you going to do to improve your filing system and organize your desk?