This is one of the most important modules in this series. Most organizational systems available today are not fast enough or effective enough to handle the amount of tasks and/or activities a person needs to handle in a day. Most people are trying some combination of post-its, pads of paper, electronic calendar, and/or day planner. It’s hard to find anything quickly and none of them really work.
In this module participants will learn a very fast, simple system that they can customize to the way they like to organize. Best of all, they will now have everything in one place, and only have to maintain one system. Participants will write down tasks and ideas as they receive or think of them. Participants will be far less overwhelmed, prioritize more accurately, negotiate new requests so they fit better in their day, and discover opportunities to “batch” similar tasks so they accomplish more. They will learn how to blend what they need to get done with requests and their personal life so their day is better rounded. They won’t go home feeling less than fulfilled.
- How a Master is different from a typical to-do list
- The 12 steps to putting your list together
- What to put on your Master List and why
- How to have only one list and keep it simple
- An example of what a Master List looks like and how it is customized so it works for you
- Why and how to add balance to your list
Activity – Make your new Master List.