This has become one of the hottest modules in this series because of the challenges email causes. Participants learn how to control email instead of letting it control them. They learn how to have discipline so email doesn’t eat up their whole day. Participants also learn how to use the tools in Outlook or Lotus Notes more effectively to manage email. Finally participants learn how to set-up a simple, effective file system so they can find emails quickly and stop using their in-box as their to-do list.
- Ways to control email and how you handle email
- Ways to batch responding to email so you can go faster
- How to set-up files so your in-box isn’t your to-do list
- How to use your email system more effectively to save time
- Set-up filters to block or direct incoming messages
- Color code incoming messages based on sender
- Rules for using email vs. the phone or a meeting
Activity – Which emails tools are you going to use to more effectively manage email and what strategies are you going to use to control email?