Training others is the number one most sought after management skill today – it takes time to save time. Participants learn what tasks to delegate and which tasks they need to focus on and complete. Participants learn how to effectively develop their direct reports by delegating the right work.
We show participants how to do delegate correctly the first time and build the confidence of the direct report who was asked to complete the task or project. Building the skill set of the person delegating is critical so they are focusing their time on what they need to complete. Delegation typically goes wrong from the beginning. Done correctly, delegation increases the probability of success. Participants learn a fool-proof ten step method that virtually eliminates anything that could go wrong so they can be successful.
- Why don’t we delegate more?
- The benefits we don’t realize
- How to build a team that’s energized
- How to correctly identify the tasks and projects to delegate
- Common mistakes people make (how to avoid dumping)
- The ten steps to successful delegation
Activity –Take a task or project you currently have and put it through the ten steps in this module so you can delegate it after you complete these ten steps